One of the most interesting thing about this skit is the fact that even though they sought to produce fun of the entire self-help movement, there is truth in what they did. The harder you talk to yourself in the positive way, the greater positive your life will become and the more successful you will become. It's just a proven fact that positive people are often more lucrative than negative people. The reason is that positive people believe they should be successful. - Health
* No-one Knows You Better Than Yourself - Also, we're not more judgmental to you than yourself. It's sad that the one person you can truly depend on, turns on you and treats you worse than you'll allow any other individual to take care of you, isn't it? However you can turn this around by taking hold of the idea of self-help and understanding that it's not just a comedy skit. It's real, also it can affect your entire being: mind, body and spirit.
* Have confidence in Self-Help - People who are interested in self-help are generally open-minded people who believe that they have some measure of control over what happens to them. This means that people who get help from self-help already believe that it is possible. They're willing to give the suggestions they study a try, and due to this fact alone usually see success inside their efforts.
* Self-Help Can Build Self-Confidence - When you feel confident in yourself, positive things begin to happen to your mind. If you previously thought you could not do something websites as bad reading a self-help book you went outside your comfort zone and experienced success, it is likely that the self-confidence you developed will wash over into trying more a new challenge. It can be like a snowball effect that more confidence builds more confidence.
* Self-Help Can help to eliminate Anxiety - When you realize that you're not helpless upon your emotions and feelings, you'll start to notice a big change. Whenever you manage to overcome some of your social anxiety as a result of taking some of the actions you've learn about in self-help books, then each step you're taking out of anxiety will get easier. This isn't to state that you will never need medication for social anxiety, but you might realize from self-help it's okay to take medication if you'd like it.
* Self-Help Could possibly be the Catalyst for Getting Healthy - Not many people are able to change themselves through diet and exercise, because they do not think that they can or they haven't figured out a plan of action to do it. By reading self-help books and finding stories of individuals that have accomplished it, you commence to realize it is possible and that you can do it too. Even if you only reach half your goal, you will still end up healthier than ever before self-help.
* Self-Help Makes It Normal being Spiritual - Today it's not easy to be spiritual due to how busy many people are and how it feels like a dog-eat-dog world which can be full of anything but love. But if you read self-help books and try to practice self-love and acceptance, you start realizing how much you need the spiritual food that love provides you with. When you make it a priority, your lifetime will become better.
Even though many people treat self-help just like a joke, it is actually extremely effective in helping a lot of people make their lives better. People don't come away from a study of self-help in almost any area of life unchanged. Finding the time to learn is always likely to be a good thing. - Health